Last Updated: June 24, 2022
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time, without notice. Any changes or updates will be effective immediately upon posting to this page. You are expected to review this Policy regularly for changes, as they are binding on you. You can determine if changes have been made by checking the effective date at the top of this Policy. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes to this Policy means you consent to such changes.
What Personal Data do we collect and how do we collect it?
We collect your email address when you sign up for our newsletter and/or complete any forms on our Website. We also collect your Ethereum wallet address when you agree to provide it on any form. We also collect certain information through cookies when you use our Services.
How do we use and share your Personal Data?
When you sign up for our mailing list and complete any forms on our Website, we will send periodic emails to you regarding the Services or to tell you about new services we believe will be of interest to you. You may choose to stop receiving our marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, or you can contact us at [email protected] In addition, we may collect and process Personal Data in order to: (i) deliver and improve our Services; (ii) perform research and analysis about the use of the Services; (iii) develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on the Services and other websites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other websites or mobile applications; (iv) diagnose or fix technology problems; (v) automatically update the Services; (vi) enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms of Service; (vii) comply with applicable laws and legal obligations; and (viii) perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We may also provide Personal Data on a confidential basis to non-affiliated companies we engage as vendors or agents (“Third-Party Providers”) and where we have a legal basis for sharing your Personal Data including to service our operation, such as maintaining software or servers, designing, or implementing marketing initiatives on our behalf, or conducting an audit or testing of any aspect of our operation or Services. Personal Data will be shared with such Third-Party Providers only to the extent reasonably necessary for them to perform services for us or on our behalf and pursuant to confidentiality obligations, or in response to information requests, subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, from law enforcement agencies, self-regulatory organizations, state, federal and foreign regulators.
Note that in the ordinary course of internet activity, certain information may be sent from your browser to third parties such as advertising networks and analytics companies. AlmaMeta has no control over the information sent from your browser to those networks or other third parties and recommends that you ensure that your browser settings prevent the disclosure of information you would not like to share.
How do we store and secure your data?
The Services are maintained in the United States of America. Personal Data that you provide us may be stored, processed, and accessed by us, our staff, sub-contractors and third parties with whom we share Personal Data in the United States of America. We may also store Personal Data in locations outside the direct control of AlmaMeta (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
Although we welcome users from all over the world, by accessing the Services and providing us with your Personal Data, you consent to and authorize the export of Personal Data to the United States and its storage and use as specified in this Policy. Note the laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive or protective as laws in the country where you live.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as your account is active or is needed to provide you the Services and may retain your Personal Data after you discontinue use of the Services provided there is a legal basis to do so. We will retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including to meet our regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
Certain technical information about site visitors are stored by highest security standards on the Google LLC platform in anonymized format without personal identification data.
How do we store and secure your data?
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary to provide you with the Services available through our Website.
- Performance and Functionality Cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Services.
- Analytics and Customization Cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or customize our Website for you.
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interest.
Can you disable cookies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies; however, some of our Services may not function as a result. You can obtain information about blocking and deleting cookies on certain web browsers via these links: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. We also use tools, such as Google Analytics, to facilitate the collection of information. If you wish to disable Google Analytics from all websites you visit (not limited to our Website), you can follow this link.
What are data protection rights?
Under certain data protection laws, you may have the right to request access to your Personal Data where your Personal Data is controlled by AlmaMeta. Such rights may include:
- The right to request that your Personal Data be corrected.
- The right to request that your Personal Data be deleted from AlmaMeta's systems. This process is also referred to as the 'right to be forgotten'. AlmaMeta will comply with this request except where AlmaMeta is required by law or regulation to keep your Personal Data. In such circumstances, AlmaMeta will advise you as to this legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where AlmaMeta relies on your consent to process your Personal Data controlled by AlmaMeta, you may have the right to withdraw such consent to further use your Personal Data.
- In certain circumstances, you may have the right to object to AlmaMeta processing your Personal Data. For example, you may unsubscribe from marketing messages or blogs to which you consented and subscribed by following the unsubscribe link or instructions contained in such message or blogs.
- In certain circumstances, you may have the right to request that AlmaMeta transfer Personal Data that you have provided to us to a third party.
- The right to file a complaint with the local data protection regulator if you believe that AlmaMeta has breached Data Protection Laws when using your Personal Data.
- The right to request access to Personal Data collected and controlled by AlmaMeta by sending an email to: [email protected]
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) you have additional rights regarding your Personal Data.
Right to Know: You have the right to know and see what Personal Data AlmaMeta has collected about you over the preceding 12 months, including:
- The categories of Personal Data AlmaMeta has collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which Personal Data is collected;
- The purposes for collecting your Personal Data in accordance with the Services;
- The commercial purposes for collecting your Personal Data;
- The categories of third parties with whom AlmaMeta has shared your Personal Data; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Data AlmaMeta has collected about you.
Right to Delete: You have the right to request that AlmaMeta delete the Personal Data we have collected from you.
Deletion of your Personal Data is not an absolute right, however. There are exceptions under which we may retain your Personal Data and where we are not required to delete your Personal Data.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise your rights in accordance with the CCPA, you may contact AlmaMeta using any of the following methods:
- Contact us via our toll free California Personal Information Privacy Line at (650) 353-7065; or
- Contact us via e-mail at [email protected]
We will respond to a California consumer requests for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Special Notice Regarding Minors
We respect the privacy of children of all ages and in particular recognize the sensitivity of data concerning children under the age of 18 (“Minors”) and therefore provide this special notice to parents and legal guardians regarding the collection and use of data collected from Minors. The Services are not directed toward Minors. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use or access the Services. If we discover that a Minor has provided us with Personal Data, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete (or retain such data in a limited capacity to meet regulatory requirements) such Minor's Personal Data from our system.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our practices or this Policy, please contact us at [email protected]